phoenix recover pro

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by rondijack, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rondijack

rondijack Registered Member

Has anybody triedo_O this program. I would like to know your impressions of it

2. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

I'm pretty sure that's what Dell uses to create it's hidden (recovery) partitions. ;)

3. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

I am under the impression that Dell is using Symantec/Ghost technology but I can't substantiate that any further than pointing here: http://www.goodells.net/dellrestore/

Haven't tried Phoenix; it looks like competition for FD-ISR but I'm sure there are substantial differences.

4. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

1. Fwiw, a Dell-knowlegeable contact over at the Dell community forums confirmed my belief that Dell uses this for its recovery partitions.

2. After doing some 'Googling', it seems that PRP is a 'single-snapshot backup' (while its snapshot can be updated, it does not look like PRP can retain multiple snapshots).

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  5. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

I reckon that's a credible enough source for me, no debate there.

6. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I see Tiscali UK offer this program as "Tiscali Recover" for £1.50 a month or £11.99 a year. This is another recovery program to add to the list of the many that seem to be springing up these days. By the way, I don't think PRP is anything like FD-ISR; according to their site, recovery data is stored in an area not accessible to Windows - this could be a partition, I'm not sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.