Phishing Trojans

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Franklin, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

In the last coupla days I have been hit with an emailed phishing trojan from several different sources.Nod 32 deletes everyone but the funny thing with three of the emails is that they weren't even addressed to me.Forwarded those to my email provider so they can work it out. o_O

Last edited: May 14, 2005
  2. Franklin

Well it seems my inet provider has passed the buck back onto myself.Anyone know what they're talking about in laymans terms?No probs with my Yahoo adress and this has only started happening in the last fortnight after several years.This is their reply.

Thanks for the email,

You received this email because we placed your email address in the Blind Carbon Copy (BCC) field of our email program. You will notice that the To: address is our Technical Support department (support@iprimus.com.au).

This is also what the virus/person sending spam is doing. Your address (and possibly hundreds more) are hidden in the BCC field. This way, the spammer can send email, and the many recipients whose email addresses are hidden assume they have received someone else's email.

i

3. controler

controler Guest

it is very simple Franklin. The spammer gets your e-mail address and puts it in the BCC line of the e-mail they are sending. This way your's or any of the others is not seen.

http://www.mailmsg.com/bcc.htm

con

4. Franklin

Thanks Controler,will phish further. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.