phishing scheme

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by INTOXSICKATED, Apr 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

had something interesting happen to me the other day. my son's school lunches are paid for online to a third party company that handles lunch monies for the entire school district. every couple weeks or so, i go and log-in to my account and add $20.00 to his lunch card.

anyways, i tried to log-in a couple days ago and got a pop-up error saying that the school district my son goes to is no longer a part of their program. furthermore, all money that was left in the accounts was forwarded back to the individual schools. i was then directed to a 'cheesy-looking' website with a new registration form to fill out and new options for adding money to his lunch account. i chose not to go through with the registration process until i contacted the school to find out what was going on. of course they had no idea what i was talking about, and when i tried to log into the old account today, everything was back to normal.

according to the programs listed below, my computer is completely clean. how did this happen?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.