PHDM15 - Recovery Disk Issue

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by Rick_W, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Rick_W

Rick_W Registered Member

Hi,
    I have a 4TB GPT drive booting via UEFI. PHDM 15 can see the drive just fine in Win7 x64. However, when I boot a freshly created rescue CD/USB image created with Recovery Media Builder is reports the main drive as corrupt and can only see 2TB of the drive. What am I missing in the creation of the disk? I simply used the automatic/default settings.

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

What do you mean "automatic/default settings"? Could you explain how did you build the recovery medium? Is it Linux or WinPE? If WinPE, did you use WinRE or WAIK/WADK?

Also, are you booting the boot medium in UEFI mode, or in legacy mode?

3. Rick_W

Rick_W Registered Member

Hi Robin A.,
    By default I meant I didn't select "Advanced Mode" or "Use ADK/WAIK", left the default setting as "Microsoft Windows PE" and then chose the USB drive I wanted to write it to. I am booting the medium as UEFI, but I have (knowing it probabl wouldn't work) tried without.

To simplify things, what would you recommend I choose as the setup configuration for me to get it to work? Any help is appreciated.

4. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

So you used the WinRE method. You could try the Linux boot medium, which is the easiest way, or the WinPE method using WAIK or WADK.

If you aren´t familiar with WAIK/WADK, you have to download the MS program and install it before using RMB. WAIK is based on Windows 7, it doesn´t have drivers for USB 3.0, which must be added manually. Or you can use WADK for Windows 8.1, which does have USB 3.0 drivers.