PHDM 14 Suite can’t burn a DVD\CD

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by KeithKfromNJ, Dec 17, 2013.

1. KeithKfromNJ

KeithKfromNJ Registered Member

I purchased Hard Disk Manager Suite 14 last week. Every time I try to do a burn it hangs for about 6-8 minutes then fails with a message and I lose my DVD drive. I must reboot to get it back.

I have my DVD drive connected to a SYBA IOCrest SATA PCI EXPRESS CARD SI-PEX40064 (non-RAID) with the latest drivers from the Syba web site. URL on request

When this first happened I suspected it was the card so I started trying other burning software.

I tried this with 7 long time software products, ALL of them have no problem burning a CD\DVD

My DVD player is cyperlink PowerDVD that has NO problem playing DVD’s.

Today I tried the latest NERO free trial and it burned with no problem.

I opened a ticket a 3-4 days ago but they keep telling me to get the right driver. I have the correct driver. They keep pointing me to Driver Station Dot com but I tried several and Windows always tells me “the wizard could not find a better match for your hardware than the software you currently have installed”. I find it ridiculous they would point to a 3rd party site when the OEM currently supports the card.

Clearly, if Hard Disk Manager Suite 14 is the only software that is having a problem then the problem is with Paragon.

I’ll a little disappointed having been a Paragon customer since version 2008.

If you need to see Event Viewer let me know.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Original post was removed for a link that had been hijacked and led to malware. The poster of this thread was unaware of the hijacked link.

I suggest Paragon verify the link.

3. agreste

agreste Registered Member

nero very giood to pose vessels

4. KeithKfromNJ

KeithKfromNJ Registered Member

I only used Nero to test another burner, it worked fine but took forever to install AND uninstall.

The last suggestion I received from tech support was to backup to hard disk and then use a different package to burn to DVD. So they want me to turn a 1-step process into a 2-step process? How backwards is that?

I think I’m going to put up a Paragon Roasting YouTube channel documenting Paragon’s complete failure vs the many other programs that succeed with ease.

I’ll search out every single free\trial program I can find. It will be the perfect documentation to accompany my Paypal dispute. At least I’ll get some satisfaction. It won’t be my first time. The mod warned me not to post links so if you search google for “tale thumping faucet” or “insignia lemon tv”, I pop right to the top.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.