PHDM 12 Pro cannot backup Linux partition

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by Anakunda, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakunda

Anakunda Registered Member

Greetings, I have problem to backup a Ubuntu partition (ext4fs natively formatted by Ubuntu installer) using newer versions of Paragon HDM Pro and Server editions 2011 and 2012, while I am able to backup the same partition using HDM 2011 Suite.
    The error I get in HDM 2012 Pro shows up as

Launcher.exe Application error
    The instruction at 0x630fc1c3 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be written.
    Click OK to terminate program.

I suppose this is HDM code bug as the partition is properly installed Ubuntu from original setup CD downloaded from ubuntu.com and was fully functional.

Anybody cares to fix this problem?

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Please clarify which builds of each you are using to attempt this, on failure and on success please, so we are able to verify the bug. Also, please clarify how you are backing up this Linux partition.

3. Anakunda

Anakunda Registered Member

I've encountered the HDM crash on attempt to backup Linux partition with:
    Paragon HDM 12 Pro build 10.1.19.15808 (the error code above)
    Paragon HDM 12 Pro build 10.0.19.15177
    Paragon HDM 11 Server build 10.0.17.13146

I've been able to backup that partition with
    Paragon HDM 2011 Suite unknown build (restored Linux partition from backup image is however unbootable regardless of the version of Paragon product used to restore)
    Pargon HDM 2010 Pro (functionality of backup image not tested)

There are likely more builds of Paragon products that I've encountered crashes/successes when backing up the subjective Linux partition but don't keep track of edition names and build numbers anymore. Anyway it looks that most Paragon products featuring drive backup face some problem when dealing with Linux native format partition. HTH to diagnose the problem :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.