Phant0m's ruleset

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Mark Klomp, Nov 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Removed a number of posts concerning the ruleset installer. They will be returning but in a as of yet unnamed thread.

Having said that....let's continue the discussion in regards to the thread starters question...."if Phant0m's ruleset is better than the rulesets Standard and Enhanced ?"

Edit:
    The above mentioned removed posts have been split off into this thread.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2005
  2. lilo

lilo Guest

How you say nobody is perfect,change your code!
    How you say "Kn0wledge Is Thee P0wer!!!"
    Off you go...alone in the dark..where every one is perfect!

3. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

No reason to change my code, it isn't harmful an malicious in any way...

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Off topic posts removed and any further with the same side discussion will be removed without further comment.

5. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

Has the rule-set itself been improved in any way ?

If so, what improvements have been made to the rule-set, and is it a big improvement over Phant0m's rule-set 6 ?

6. Phant0m

Everyone, as Bubba stated, please direct these off-topic messages over to the topic https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=110637, Bubba or another will surely delete these off-topic posts, so these additional posts will be for nothing. If you can re-post on the other topic, it will not be for nothing.

7. TBR

TBR Registered Member

Am i missing something here - i have bought and loaded the rule set - but everyone is mentioning the extra options that have to be configured.

I go to the link you provide but the only thing i can find is the download itself - no instructions about how to configure the "Rules that need modifying before activating" with the exception of the Anti-MAC spoofing which i have been able to configure correctly with my own MAC address.

Additionally all the "Rules that need modifying before activating" with the exception of the Anti-MAC spoofing one were actived anyway (but not blocked or warned about)?

Is this right? Or is there a document somewhere im missing?

8. Phant0m

Hi TBR

The Rule-set Installer automatically detects appropriate connection information and automatically applies this to the rule-set, and then configures Look ‘n’ Stop to load the rule-set…

Additional questions regarding the Phant0m`` Rule-set should be e-mailed to me or posted on the official support forum, thanks.

9. TBR

TBR Registered Member

Nice one! That explains it then - thanks.

Just a thought - but could you possibly make that clearer then within the Description of the Rules within the ruleset?

Might make your life easier...

10. Phant0m

Hi TBR

Thanks,
    Excellent suggestion, I will make modifications to the rules descriptions ASAP.
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.