PGPDisk and Exec. protection incompatibility

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by PGP sad, Jan 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PGP sad

PGP sad Guest

Dear Gavin,

I have been using TDS3 and PGP side by side for over three years without a blip, then suddenly the other day i created a new .PGD (PGP's mounted disks) file and when i double clicked the .PGD file to mount (i.e. access the passphrase prompt screen i.e. contents not yey accessible) the system over a number of seconds froze up until the blue screen of death on XP sp2 occured. This happened repeatedly. But not with any of my older PGD disks created before this first crash with this particular PGP disk. I unistalled / reinstalled PGP twice, and TDS twice, and enabled and disabled Process guard etc. I discovered that the error is comming from Exec. prot. I have now unistalled the Exec. prot components and all is working well, but fee naked without the protection. . . . any ideas?

PGP sad

2. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

This might be a case where you will get quicker and better support by emailing support@diamondcs.com.au

as I'm sure some additional information will be needed that might not be wise to post on a public forum

3. PGP sad

PGP sad Guest

Ok D

on the case will do it direct. thanks for the feedback

Ps

4. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

Keep us posted here what happens but bear in mind that Diamondcs are closed for annual holidays til 12th January 2005 so you might not get a reply for a few days

5. wayne_b

wayne_b Registered Member

I just created a new PGPdisk (PGP 8.1) and have not encountered any problems, passphrase workes fine.

-wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.