PGP Desktop for Mac OS X 10.2.0 MP 1

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by JimmySausage, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimmySausage

JimmySausage Registered Member

PGP is finally compatible with Lion. I'm trying to download it to try it out but I don't have an account with them.

2. box750

box750 Registered Member

That is one of the things I hate from PGP Desktop, you can not download a trial copy unless you open an account with them first, and they ask you all kind of personal questions like company size and home address.

When I downloaded it last time I used a throw away email and fake details, I would recommend you do the same, they don't check anything, you'll be sent a download link to your email, unless they have changed it, there is also a trial code you must enter in order to use whole disk encryption, otherwise the software only allows you to test file encryption, shredder and PGP email, with WDE disabled.

3. JimmySausage

Yeah, I did that. Just need the patch so I can try it with Lion. The download available is not integrated with the patch yet.

4. x942

x942 Guest

MP1 is a service pack you have to call or email support to have it added to your fileconnect account. If you don't want to register just call them and give them your license number (the short one beginning with a letter). They will give you a new one for MP1 download. Just install/upgrade your existing one. If you do a fresh install you will need to re-enter your serial key.

The only other option is to wait for MP1 to be rolled into a full version (10.2.1).

Service packs have always been like this even back in the pre-symmantec days.

5. JimmySausage

Unfortunately, I only am using a trial version of PGP. That's why I need a link to try this out. Thanks

6. x942

x942 Guest

Ah well then you will need to wait until they release it as 10.2.1. Service packs are only available to those with a license and the 12 month upgrade assurance.

I suppose you could call and request a trial, wouldn't hurt. I don't think they will oblige though. I would link you a copy but not sure of the legality of that (even though without a key it is a trial only). All of the downloads need an account or license to access the site (fileconnect.symantec.com). If I find a (legal) trial of it I will send you a PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.