PGP 8.1 ~Issues~

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by dog, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog

dog Guest

Hi All, ;)

Has anyone experienced any issues with installing PGP 8.1? Or know about any issues or software conflicts?

Well, as a Warning ... I just tried to install PGP a minute ago, and it totally locked up XP. I mean I couldn't access anything, booting normally or in to safe mode were both unsuccessful. It would load up to the welcome screen, then just freeze, no mouse, I couldn't tab thru either to Logon, absolutely nothing. The only thing that did function in either of these modes, was Control-Alt-Delete, to force a reboot. The only way to regain control, and functionality of XP was to boot using the last good config option. I was then able to uninstall PGP, and do a little clean up, and now I can boot XP normally again. I think the PGP Disk component was the culprit ... it must've got tangled up with something? - Maybe PG or SSM, I'm not really sure.

Anyone have any ideas?

Steve

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

dog - I use PGP Version: 8.1 here with PG (no problems).

Did you remember to turn PG off before installing PGP? Pete

3. dog

dog Guest

Thanks Pete, ;)

Ya, I had both SSM & PG disabled.

Steve

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, sorry, i can't help :( i just wanted to say i have PGP 8.1 installed and the installation didn't conflict with SSM, PG or CompuSec.

if it's HD encryption you want, i like CompuSec. just make sure you have the password and ID written down, if you do install it, otherwise you wont be able to boot-up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.