PG3 prevents internal CF and Mem Stick drive from working?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by JayTee, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayTee

JayTee Registered Member

Hi,

I own an Antec Aria, which comes with an internal USB CF and Memory Stick drive.

When I installed PGv3, the internal CF and Memory stick drives disappear on me. (I actually see a small pop-up but it was too fast for me to catch what it was warning me about.) And my Device Manager shows an unknown USB hub/ device. It was working alright before I installed PGv3.

This is not the first time it has happened. Previously when I tried to re-install the drives (by manually disconnecting and reconnecting it - there are no installation drivers for XP), I suffered constant reboots, which I subsequently thought was due to the old ATI drivers. I have since updated my drivers to 4.09 and with this incident, now I have narrowed it down to possibly some conflicts with PG.

Question:
    1) Does PG interact with/ protect USB drivers as well?
    2) Which drivers do I need to allow on my system to ensure that the USB drives work?
    3) Am I going down the right path? This has happened twice already so it does seem like some conflict, especially right after I install PGv3 and reboot twice.

The strange thing is that when I plug in my USB flash stick into a USB slot, it works just fine. The PC just can't seem to recognise the CF and Memory stick drive.

TIA

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

H Jay Tree, Personally I have never experienced any trouble with all my USB devices installed and there have been no reports from other users experiencing problems with USB.
    Using native windows USB drivers does not affect ProcessGuard as far as I know but ProcessGuard should ask to permit any associated process such as your camera photo browser etc.
    I have attached a screenshot showing Windows Explorer with Music explorer, this shows my camera and a six in one card reader and external Hard Drive all working fine.
    So I do not think that you need to make any particular additions to divers or services, though you could try learning mode whilst you plug in and unplug your USB devices, this may at least allow the disappearing pop up to do it's thing :)

HTH Pilli

Attached Files:

3. JayTee

JayTee Registered Member

Thanks Pilli.

Anway, I will try uninstalling PGv3 tomorrow and see whether the CF and Mem Stick drives can be recognized.

btw, does PG automatically go into the 'un-Learning' mode on the third boot after you install PG? Seem to recall the PG icon being green and suddenly turning red/blue after the third boot.

Cheers

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Jay Tree, Yes it goes to Blue after the third reboot from install :)
    Run everything you can in learning mode after the first boot, then reboot and add the four general tabs, reboot for any allows to be added to the protection list and ProcessGuard should now be out of learning mode.
    It may help to keep your USB drives connected during the install and learning process though I have never bothered and have had no problems.

HTH Pilli.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Likewise I have two external drives, that use Firewire for the data, and USB for other drive control functions. I have used a USB memory stick by plugging it into these external drives. No issues at all relative to ProcessGuard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.