PG3 annoyance

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Kegel, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kegel

Kegel Registered Member

Learnign mode isnt really learning mode it seems. The program initially blocks the program from doign whatever it wants to do...global hooks most commonly....and then allows it. By that time, it is frequently too late and the program in question is already locked up. This often results in having to hard boot the machine. Everything is OK after you relaunch the desired program. This happens in almost all of my games....BF1942, Vietnam etc.

2. Andreas1

Andreas1 Security Expert

yep.

I would say learning mode still is learning mode, just not clairvoyance mode. ;)
    It learns out of the mistakes, so to say:

learning mode indeed only learns what (and when) something is blocked, but it doesn't undo the block that triggered the learning.

However, most apps that I (and the other testers) have come across handle a failure of one of these actions rather well - either they re-try (and are allowed then) or they abort with an error message. or they actually don't care and apparently don't even need the access so desperately. Only few of them would crash. Seems you're having bad luck with your collection of apps.

One thing that might help you around it is if you have some task-manager-like tool to shoot down those apps. You would have to grant it terminate privilege in PG's protection list but then probably will be able to recover from those events more often than not.

HTH,
    Andreas

Last edited: Nov 2, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.