PG Question

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Logan5, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Logan5

Logan5 Registered Member

Hi,

New to PG (got it via the free offer for TDS-3 users). I see that it showing it has protected me from 25 attacks. Just how do I find out what these attacks were?

Also should I "check" all 4 global protections options?

Also I tried uploading an attachment but when I looked at my post it was way to BIG. How do you post small attachments?

Thanks
    Logan

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Logan, You need to hack your registry to reset the counter, only do this if you are confident working in the registry.
    Link: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=54522

You should enable all four general tabs and in learning mode, re-run your protected list programs, then disable learning mode, better to do this whilst not connected to the Internet.

Attachment size is limited at Wilders, the way to do it is to click "Manage Attachments below the main text entry box, this will open a new window, use the Browse button and navigate to the folder on your PC select the file and then press open. This will upload the file to Wilders.

HTH Pilli

3. Logan5

Logan5 Registered Member

Pilli,

Thanks for the reply but what I want to know is how to see what "attacks" I was protected from, not reset a counter (plus would rather not mess with the registry). I just want to know what has been "attacking" me that PG has "saved" me from.

I did the initial set-up in learning mode as per its instructions. I was just curious if most folks have all 4 boxes checked.

I understand how the attachment process works, it is just that when I uploaded it here it was really really big. Was just curious how people make their attachments small so they fit and look easy to read.

Thanks again for your help,

Logan

4. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

If I'm right, "Attacks" is a generic way of saying 'has caused an alert in PG' ....so if you look in your alert tab, that's the total number of alerts PG has generated <or maybe only the total number of alerts, where something has been blocked from executing/creating global hook etc>

5. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Yes, this is my understanding. I think "attacks" is too harsh and probably is not informative. Simply saying that PG "has alerted you", is probably a better description of what is happening.

Rich

6. Disciple

Disciple Registered Member

Since no one addressed this and I can't say for "most folks", yes I do have all 4 Global Protection Options checked. I did this after going through the learning mode process for all of my apps. One other thing is I always disable PG when installing/uninstalling any program or upgrade/update, for me it keeps the Protection & Security windows free of all the install/uninstall apps and related processes. Since these vary from app to app and possibly from version to version for an app.

7. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Pretty much what I do also, except if the software I am installing is from a new company, that I haven't dealt with before, I keep PG enabled, so I can watch what kind of driver/services the program is requesting. Sometimes, I have to do a double install because of this, but it is alright from my perspective.

Regards,
    Rich

8. Logan5

Logan5 Registered Member

Re: PG - Items Missing in Logs

Hey all,

Thanks for all the replies. I would agree that "attack" seems a bit to much. And I will again look at checking all 4 boxes.

Logan

9. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi passing thru,

I have split your posts off from this thread and gave them their own thread "PG - Items Missing in Logs". Here it will get better attention ;) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.