pg question

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by bonbe, Jul 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bonbe

bonbe Guest

As a fresh student learning computer programming, I am trying pg2 free version, I got convenience when I want to do my exercises with doing programming - everytime to run a newly compiled one and gave it a run, I have to answer to pg to let it go; but if I disabled pg's exe protection when doing such things, I feel not safe for my computer since others can run by that, besides while doing it, I can surf the internet (always-on connection). Is there a way out and safe for this situation?
    TIA.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi bonbe & welcome, You can switch of the checksumming part of Process Guard by swithing it off during your testing.
    Protection menu - Progrm Checksum protection and untick.
    You will still have protection on all of your Protected list items, remember to re-enable when your testing is finished.

HTH Pilli

3. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Hi bonbe,

I am programming too, and I simply "allow once" each new build starting of my programs ;)

regards,

gkweb.

4. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

It can be a little bit of a hassle for programmers since you have EXE's which change so often. Whilst developing the GUI part of Process Guard, every build required me to click on "Allow" , which I found a little bothersome but it doesn't take very long to do I must admit.

There is no real way you can work-around this issue without compromising security.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.