PG & Prevx?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by patience, Jan 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patience

patience Guest

Hi
    Is it ok to use Process Guard full version and PrevX together? Any conflicts between the two? Thanks.

2. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

It works for me, no conflicts

Well one minor conflict originating from PrevX that was unintentional and it was fixed very quickly with excellent response from PrevX before I'd even sent them an email

3. richrf

richrf Registered Member

They were stepping over each other on my system. At one point, by registry was totally hosed. Had to do a complete re-install. It happened, when they both detected some nasty. I think it is like having to AVs on the system. It's OK until something is detected - and then they conflict. Also, I always had problems with Prevx with their overflow buffere algorithm. But it was a previous version, and it may be better now.

As a result, I decided to just put PG on my system, which seems to be sufficient. It seems that a simple constructed defense, that is thorough is better than too many layers. Right now I have ZAP, KAV 4.5, PG 3.0, and Ewido (though Ewido may be superfluous at this point.

Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.