PG Paid

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by kdm31091, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

Question about Process Guard paid. Is it a one year lisence or lifetime? I can't find anything on the site indicating either. How good it is? Is it still good defense? Worth buying? I was considering Prevx1 but it slowed my computer too much; is ProcessGuard Paid a good choice?

2. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

like time lic.

It is very good but I'd look at appdefend/regdefend - SSM - online armour - Safe n Secure before you decide.

THey are quite different in use from Prevx - you need to decide what is important to you ....

I have used PG for a long time but - I'm at the point where prevx or SSM may be better for me day to day

3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

The free version will protect your security apps from being disabled by malware, and stop executables at your discretion. The paid version will give you a lot more protection like global hooks, rootkits, physical memory... A lot of people find it difficult to manage as it requires some kind of knowlege about what might be legitimate or risky.

I'm no expert, but if I run into something that is suspicious I just deny its execution or block whatever it wants to install. I think it is worth buying and combined with a registry protector and a good firewall, it really offers a complete defence.

Prevx1 will analyse and decide if something is good or bad, so more user friendly (I've never tried it, though). The only 'shadow' I see with ProcessGuard, is that in some systems it seems to have some conflict issues with other apps, and therefore to trial it is a must (but then to trial the full version you've got to buy it). I've had it for over a year and the latest version 3.410 is very stable on my computer.

4. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Use it as well on the old laptop. Also getting ready to install it on the Mrs.`s PC. The lack of needed user intervention as well as offered protection is the very reason I have chosen it for her. For my PC I bought PG. Do not mind the occasional warning lets me know it is doing it`s job Now if only I would remember to disable it when running a trusted install or removal. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.