PG, Outpost and winlogon: what happens here?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by paperinik3, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperinik3

paperinik3 Registered Member

Suddenly PG submerges me with alerts: "Outpost.exe was blocked from reading winlogon.exe". I try to allow outpost to read but the line is greyed out. Now it happens every few minutes. Who has become bonkers - Outpost or PG ?

Attached Files:

2. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

If you are using Windows XP this may be due to Outpost tracking logon/logoff activity (see the Outpost forum thread wl_hook.dll - please explain!!). This is needed for Fast User Switching support.

3. paperinik3

No, I am u8sing windows 2000 Pro. Here is another screenshot, where you can see the ggreyed out "allow" line.

Attached Files:

4. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Does Outpost have the ability to Read protected applications in PG's Protection tab? If so, and you are still getting the alerts, try closing and restarting Outpost (disconnecting from the Internet first).

5. paperinik3

It seems you hit the nail on the head Paranoid: I've closed Outpost, then restarted it (with PG in learning mode):for the last half of an hour I have had no alerts (and Outpost has been allowed to read protected applications, as you can see from the screenshot). Just to alleviate my ignorance, could you tell me what may have happened before ? Thank you very much and best regards

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.