PG-n-APT

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by redwolfe_98, Dec 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

i found another bug in PG 3.1.. when i test PG with APT (advanced process termination), using "kill 7", it will kill "persfw.exe" (kerio 2.15)..

if i enable SMH, then APT-kill 7 will not kill "persfw.exe", but i did not have to use SMH to prevent a process from being killed by APT in previous releases of PG 3..

incidentally, "process kill demo" does not kill "persfw.exe" (APT-kill 7 does kill it)..

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi RedWolfe_98 and the seasons greetings to you:)
    APT K7 is a normal WM_Close method and would require Secure Message Handling to prevent closure as does K8 SC_close.
    I also use Kerio 2.1.5 and have tested ProcessGuard V APT many times. :)

Remeber also that the Secure Meassage handling (SMH) on Kerio require you to re-start the Kerio PERSFW.exe for SMH to be enabled. One other thing to remember when using Kerio or any other program that opens sub-windows and shows the Human Interface Device (HID) is to only click "OK" and NOT "OK to all" as this can unload the procguard.dll. The only time you should need to use "OK to all" is if you are closing the main program, this ensures you do not get multiple HID's that occurrs with some programs.

HTH Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.