PG causing IE browser to crash on XP ?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by ronny, May 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronny

ronny Registered Member

Although i 'm glad to have bought PG, i think the following problem is related to PG.
    When i download some webpages , IE crashes sometimes.Then i use "history" to go back to the webpage and download it again.It happens especially when i download MANY pages in succession
    Also , sometimes, when i typ something in the address of IE , it suddenly crashes (closes)
    o_O
    When i disable protection in PG , it seems i don't have these 2 problems.
    I don't have any other problems.

I have the same problems on a different computer but with almost the same programs installed on it.

Last edited: May 6, 2004
  2. ronny

ronny Registered Member

I do apologize. :oops: :oops: :oops:
    Most be SOMETHING ELSE , because PG protection was not enabled , but IE still crashed.So not likely it is PG that's to blame.

Last edited: May 6, 2004
  3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Ronny, Sorry to here your having problems. If there were any red lined items in PG it may have given us a clue but as it appears not to be Process Guard, then maybe a repair install of Internet Explorer may help?

Heres how from the IE help file:

To uninstall Internet Explorer

If you encounter problems that you cannot resolve, it is often beneficial to uninstall Internet Explorer and then reinstall it. This procedure replaces files that might have been damaged.

In Windows, click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
    Notes

If you are using Windows XP, click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove Programs.
    If you upgraded to Internet Explorer 6, when you uninstall Internet Explorer 6, you will go back to the version of Internet Explorer that was on your computer before you upgraded.

Pilli

4. ronny

ronny Registered Member

Thanks Pilli,

I doubt it is just an error in IE, since it would be very coincidental to have that on two computers at the same time.
    I just did a full reformat on one of them anyway (so new installation of IE) and that didn't solve the problem.

I guess i have to live with it for now. But i do appreciate your reaction. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.