PG and settings.....?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by dja2k, Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Does anyone know what settings to allow and block for the following software...

Regrun exe's (regrun2.exe, watchdog.exe, runguard.exe etc) and do all the regrun exe's have to be added to the protection list. I see like 12 under the Security tab.

Ewido (ewidoguard.exe and securitysuite.exe)

Browsers (firefox and IE)

Messengers (msn and yahoo)

Regedit (regedit.exe , msconfig)

Windows (services not mentioned in PG website - runonce.exe, msiexec.exe, logonui.exe, taskmanager, explorer.exe, agentsvr.exe etc)

Also with the new features in Zonealarm 6, does the vsmon.exe or the zlcliet.exe need any modifications due to the new features it has because I assume that the PG website recommendations are for Zonealarm 5.5 or below.

I mean the programs work right now ever since I started in learning mode a few months back, but I want to hardden them since maybe not all of them need everything that got checked by defualt.

If any of you can post some screen shots of your settings to show the windows services, you can actually move the tab on the protected screen and show me what you have in there, might have to show several shots to get all of the windows services though.

dja2k

2. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

i believe that PG has presets for IE, as well as for some other processes.. as for the others, what i would do is just go with the default settings, and if PG alerts you to something like "ypager.exe tried to install global hooks", then allow it to install global hooks.. the same with other processes, if PG alerts you that "trojanhunter.exe tried to access physical memory", then make an allowance in pg's setting to allow TH to access physical memory.. so, go with the default settings and then make adjustments as needed.. imo, that would be the simple way to do things..

my IE is set with the defaults plus "install global hooks" and "access physical memory".. those should be presets.. i don't recall making any special allowances for IE..

for yahoo messenger, "ypager.exe", in addition to the default settings, i have to allow "install global hooks"..

3. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Everything gets set to the defualt PROTECT from TERMINATION and MODIFICATION and AUTHORIZE to MODIFY and READ protected files yet you might not want all windows services to have that, I mean that is giving them access to do that amd might be bad.

dja2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.