PG and NSIS Applications

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Kye-U, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kye-U

Kye-U Security Expert

I have written 2 auto-updaters in NSIS.

I have to set PG into learning mode to remove the popups about random generated files "ns****.tmp" wanting to execute. (Located in the TEMP folder)

They're temp files for the NSIS applications I wrote, and are necessary for them to work.

I would like to know how to somehow add a wildcarded file to PG to allow the execution of all "ns****.tmp" files ;)

Not sure if this is possible, but I would be grateful if anyone has a solution for me :)

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Kye, Wildcards are not featured yet in ProcessGuard. Hopefully DCS will take your suggestion on board for a future release.

Pilli

3. Kye-U

Kye-U Security Expert

Thanks for the quick response Pilli ^_^

Yeah, I hope it's included in the next release ;)

4. FirePost

FirePost Registered Member

I understand why you want the feature, but I do not understand how it is a good idea. Allowing wildcards sounds like a good way to defeat the purpose of Process Guard.

5. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

I'd agree here - especially with temporary files which always go in the same folder. A more secure alternative would be to have a "Run other programs" Protection option which would permit that program to start others - this could be set for installers and possibly offered as an option in PG's Execution prompt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.