PG and BOClean

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by jon_fl, Dec 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

With PG running, BOCLean will not update automatically. I have to give permission each time as PG indicates the application has changed since tha last update. If I miss the update I have to do it later manually. Is there a setting in PG that will allow the update of BOClean automatically? o_O

2. Kegel

Kegel Registered Member

nope. they need to make an option to disable the check on certain files.

3. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

Thanks Kegel. That's what I thought and I agree.

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi, Personally I prefer to know when any program has changed but can understand your request in this circumstance, maybe the addition of an exclusion list could be made available in the yet to arrive "Advanced options" :D

Cheers. Pilli

5. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

I think that would be a great addition Pilli. I think I would become a paying customer if that became an advanced option. ;)

6. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

it is just the way the boclean update file is.. each time, the file is different, so it has to be given permission to run each time.. i experienced the same thing with "system safety monitor" and my antivirus updates..

there is an option to turn off "execution protection", and then you will not be asked to allow the boclean update to run, but i do not recommend turning off execution protection..

it used to bug me, with ssm, having to allow my av updates to run each time, but with boclean updates and PG3, having to allow the update file to run each time does not bother me.. i just click the pg-box each time, allowing the update to run..

there is only so much you can do, i think.. either have execution protection, or not.. since it is a new file each time, you cannot set pg to allow the boclean update to "always run"..

Last edited: Dec 11, 2004
  7. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

If you want to have your core securityprograms like BOClean to be changed automaticly, without notice, why not to disable protection on those programs at all o_O

8. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Dolf, Not sure why as I am not a BO Clean user but I believe it has to be listed to work properly. I'll let the the BC users answer that or maybe I've just lost the plot :oops:

Cheers. Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.