PG 3 & Temporary loss of Net access

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by kwesi, Sep 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwesi

kwesi Registered Member

Hi. I ran the PG Demo.exe earlier & it terminated procguard.exe, so I removed PG Demo.exe from the Protection list.

I couldn't access the net for a little while afterwards, & initially thought that it was related to the 'Protect Physical Memory' option, because access was restored after I unchecked that.

PG 3 doesn't block IE & other applications for a little while, after being terminated itself, does it?

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2004
  2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Re: PG 3 'Protect Phys Memory' blocks my Net access

Hi Kwesi,
    You cannot run PG3 kill demo whilst PG is in learning mode as it will be added to the protection list and be able to kill.

Protect physical memory is stopping one of your internet .exe's from acceessing what it needs, you need to add those .exe's to the protection list and give them the Allow physical access flag.

Don't think you can Kill ZA without stopping it's service, is that what you did?

Close message handling is not a problem you can use it or not depending on your level of paranoia :)

HTH Pilli

3. kwesi

kwesi Registered Member

Thank you for your response, Pilli.

I'll look carefully over your post & modify my set-up.

One other thing - I hope it's okay to post in this thread for a response, but I had a problem just now in that I was running a full AV scan, when I decided to slope off for a bite to eat - my screensaver came on, & I was very surprised to find that when I tried to log-on, that there were no Windows usernames presented on the XP log-in page.

I had to go all high-tech :) and switch off at the mains (always works), but I suspect that a PG3 protection option may be to blame. I'm going to get rid of the 'protect physical memory' option for now (the only option that I didn't have in PG 2). Any thoughts, please?

4. kwesi

kwesi Registered Member

Okay .. unchecking 'protect physical memory' meant that the next time that the screensaver came up, I had Window userlogons available.

I've now given logonui.exe physical memory access. Hope that works.

Thanks very much for the line of thought, Pilli.

You guys on this forum are the tops.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2004
  5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Kwesi add the screensaver file to your security list usually scrnsave.scr found in the *\windows\system32\ folder and it should be fine.

6. kwesi

kwesi Registered Member

Thanks again, Pilli. Btw - sorry for editing the reference to ZA Pro out of my first post, while you were composing your reply!!! :)

I didn't kill ZA Pro - I shut it down at one point, as I wasn't sure whether it was at fault for my lack of Net access.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.