PG 3.150 & EraserUtilDrv10500

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Baldrick, Dec 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

Have used NIS2006 to run a full system scan which worked fine with 3.3b. I'm waiting for daily liveupdate to see if a Quick Scan runs okay.

2. siliconman01

As a follow-up, NIS 2006 updated automatically, ran a quick scan and then later ran a full system scan without any conflicts between PG V3.3b and NIS 2006. Windows XP-SP2 Home Edition.

3. Red Dawn

Red Dawn Registered Member

That's a beta version that I and others won't install till it's ready for wide release. Last time I tried the beta version of PG, I had all kinds of issues. If their is a fix out for 3.3b, then there should be one for 3.1 & 3.2 version users. Anyone from Diamond have a clue on what to do hereo_O

4. controler

controler Guest

Same elproblemo here

Have to disable PG to stop the alerts..

con

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

3.3b is the beta of the fix for 3.15 and 3.2

6. sarment

sarment Registered Member

Hi All-
    I have something very similiar.
    I have Norton 2006 and PG on a Win2000 machine. I don't know what set off my constantly scrolling error message. It is EraserUtilDrv10502. After reboot it was stable for a time. When I came back hours later, it was there again, constantly.
    It seems that it must be the same problem, even though my message is a digit off. Any hopes for a solution?
    -Sandra

Hi, Siliconman. Long time no talk!

7. sarment

Hi All-
    I have something very similiar.
    I have Norton 2006 and PG on a Win2000 machine. I don't know what set off my constantly scrolling error message. It is EraserUtilDrv10502. After reboot it was stable for a time. When I came back hours later, it was there again, constantly.
    It seems that it must be the same problem, even though my message is a digit off. Any hopes for a solution?
    -Sandra

Hi, Siliconman. Long time no talk!

Oops forgot to request notification of replies.

8. fantumz

fantumz Registered Member

Have we given up on this? Should I just disable my Process Guard?

9. sarment

I unchecked block driver/service and now I don't get the messages. But I really don't like turning this off.

I'm not sure my problem is associated with norton however, since my says EraserUtilDrv10502. Can someone from PG please let me know if my issue is the same or just related.

Thanks!

10. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

My suggestion is to install 3.3beta, but if you want to wait then keep block driver/service enabled. When you see alerts (only after an AV update occurs?) then untick block drivers for a second then re-tick it.

11. sarment

Gavin-
    How do I load the beta? Is there a downside? If I have a problem can I go back to the current version? Why is my error number 10502 instead of 10500 like everyone else's.
    Thanks!

12. sarment

Gavin-
    How do I load the beta? Is there a downside? If I have a problem can I go back to the current version? Why is my error number 10502 instead of 10500 like everyone else's.
    Thanks!

13. siliconman01

Sarment,

Here is a procedure to remove PG 3.15 and install PG 3.3b. I've been running V3.3b on my XP-SP2 HE system since it was released and have experienced no problems thus far. It does clear up the problem with NIS 2006. BTW, the reason you are seeing this conflict "randomly" is that it occurs when NAV 2006 does a QuickScan after an virus definitions update or when one of your scheduled scans kicks it. The problem triggers on the RAM memory scanning part of NAV.

Download PG 3.3b and save to on the desktop or in a folder for access.
    Be sure you have your PG license key available.

To remove PG 3.15 -

1. Open PG 3.15 and uncheck all options.
    2. Completely close down PG 3.15.
    3. Deactivate any options in other security programs that may/could block registry changes or program execution changes.
    4. Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the C:\Windows\System32 folder and open this folder. Locate and copy Pguard.dat and Pghash.dat. Paste them in a folder where you can get to them if you have to revert back to PG 3.15 (or put them on a floppy for safe keeping). Close Windows Explorer.
    5. Go to START-PROGRAMS-ProcessGuard and activate the uninstaller for PG. Uninstall PG 3.15.
    6. Reboot your computer
    7. Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the C:\Windows\System32 folder and open this folder. Locate and DELETE Pguard.dat and Pghash.dat. You CANNOT use these for V3.3b.

NOTE: If for some reason you have trouble removing PG 3.15, reboot into SAFE MODE and uninstall it.

To install PG 3.3b-

1. Deactivate any options in other security programs that may/could block registry changes or program execution changes.
    2. Close down all programs in the lower right systray. De-Activate your virus scanner.
    3. Install PG 3.3b. Reboot when requested.
    4. Enter your license key.
    5. Activate the desired PG options and global options.
    6. Place/keep PG 3.3b in LEARNING MODE for a period of time to pick up all your programs and "learn their options". You can reduce the length of time in learning mode by activating each of your programs; by forcing updates on your security programs, printing with your various programs for word processing, pictures, etc.
    7. Remember to re-enable your other security programs' options.

HTHs

14. Gavin - DiamondCS

Yes Safe Mode uninstall is a big recommendation from me - it ALWAYS works :) no files are in use and will be removed. For this beta, you still need to delete PGUARD.DAT and PGHASH.DAT

If you follow the instructions above all should be well. Thanks siliconman!

15. Rufuss-

Rufuss- Registered Member

So, have you given up on a fix for 3.150?

Hope not...

16. Gavin - DiamondCS

Not at all, the whole point of the beta is to get this and other issues properly fixed and officially release a newer, better PG :) It seems we are very close now

17. TechieFan

TechieFan Registered Member

New owner of Process Guard. Over 50,000 protected attacks, primarily in relation to Norton Internet Security running a Virus Scan and EraserUtilDrv10502 error.

Would sure like this issue resolved!

18. siliconman01

The issue is resolved in PG 3.3b1 and PG 3.3b2.

19. Tracccker178

Tracccker178 Registered Member

I have been watching this thing for about 3 months now and it seems that
    the problem might not be PG or NORTONS at all. The numbers at the end
    of the Drv have been changing every 3 weeks or more. The numbers on my machine have changed 3 times (10500,1061 and 10614). When things like
    that change it usually means that a worm or trojan is trying to hide itself or
    some kind of adware,spyware is tyring to erase its tracks. I have talked to
    an enginer(programming) and he said that it is acting like a nasty. The last time that the error happened it flagged PG 18,000 times and I had to shut PG
    down to get it to quit. It is acting like a DoS flooding attack. When I updated
    nortons: everything was updated accept the worm signatures(that failed to
    install). I talked to symantec and gave them all this info and told them that it would be a good idea to talk to DCS and compare notes to resolve this issue.
    It might be an event trigger that is causing PG to be flagged. The only thing that hasent changed is the PID which is a system process not a program process. Watch the numbers to see if they start changing.

20. some made up name

some made up name Registered Member

Just because the name is constantly changing, does not mean it is a worm / trojan / malware ... it could just be Norton doing an update and tagging a version number on (the numbers seem to be incrementing).

That having been said, it also doesn't mean it isn't one either :rolleyes:. We'll just have to wait to see what Nortan have to say on this matter.

21. siliconman01

This Norton/PG issue is NOT an issue in 3.3beta1, 3.3beta2 or 3.3beta3 of ProcessGuard. DCS resolved it within PG. And to the best of my knowledge it was only a problem with NIS/NAV 2006.

22. sarment

How do I get to a download of the beta 3.3b so I can try it to see if it solves my eraserutildrv problem. Thanks!!

23. FirePost

FirePost Registered Member

The link in this announcement thread seems active still.
    ProcessGuard v3.3b4 (final) ready

24. siliconman01

25. FirePost

FirePost Registered Member

sarment asked for a 3.3 beta link. That was supplied. There have been some issues for 3.4 b including some you reported.
    PG V3.4B1- Bug in Secure Message Handling
    PG V3.4B1- A Bug in PGAccount Activation
    Additionally the initial release with "physical memory protection" turned off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.