PG 3.05 GUI Bug?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by siliconman01, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

If a program is in the protection list, you can use ADD APPLICATION and select that same program. It will be re-added to the list of protected programs, overwriting the already protected program and assigning the default options irrespective of what the original Options were.

Minor item. But I would call this a "bug".

2. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

It is actually designed like that for the "beginners". For instance if someone is having trouble and re-adds a program already on the list it is best to put it back to default rather than keep whatever "possibly troublesome" settings they were using.

The thing is people can either dislike or like this feature from both sides. People might want it to reset to defaults when they re-add something (like from the security list right click) and people might want it to keep whatever settings they have put on it originally. Since this particular thing isn't that big of an issue I don't think it is required to have an option to suit both camps.

I mean, there is only 7 protection options for each application now, and you can select/edit multiple items at the same time. :)

3. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

Sounds rational to me! Not a bug... :D *puppy*

4. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Perhaps having a confirmation prompt "The application is already on the Protection list - reset its settings?" would be a better way of handling this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.