PG 3.0 & Firefox (protection events)

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by poogimmal, Oct 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poogimmal

poogimmal Registered Member

running w2k_sp4, PG 3.0_beta1, and Firefox PR 1.01 (/0.10.1). I have Fx in protected zone and I notice systray icon flashing from time to time and saw related Alert log entry to Fx. the first one said that Fx denied access to physical memory. (I have 1024 mb RAM and big swap file size). so I set protect to allow Fx to access memory and then noticed that past few days that after I closed Fx onscreen, it appeared closed, and no open ports, but found Fx process still running and using about 50% cpu. I had to kill the Fx process with task manager / sysinternals process explorer 8.52. no insight from moz forum re this. but then I went back to PG protection and denied Fx access to physical memory (default?) and I have not seen this "closing_hang" since. curious why Fx wants to access physical memory, or is that common, and if so then why the apparent hang.

next tonight I see PG blocked Fx from creating a global mouse hook. ok... not sure what that means or why Fx want to do that. given the above hang, I just left the PG setting as it, ie, not allowing global hooks. is it "normal" for Fx to try to take these two actions. Fx seems to run fine (better!) despite PG blocking these actions.

ps. yes, I know there is a more current beta, but beta1 is rock solid here so I'm just waiting for final release; unless, some critical issue fix in current beta.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi pogimmail, If you are getting just one or two alerts each time you start the program and the program still appears to work correctly you can usually ignore the alerts. If, hower, you get a wole series of alerts then it is probably best to make the necessary allows.
    Public Beta 2 is much better then PB1 so it is well worth trying.

The new leaning mode, enhanced driver and Close message handling in the latest private betas have sorted most of minor issues, the full release will be stunning :)

HTH Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.