PG 3.0 and Registry Monitors

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by richrf, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi all,

Is there any reason to continue to run RegProt, or any registry monitor such as Registry Watcher, once PG is in place? Would registry monitors actually plug any holes in the security defense or are they really just an overlapping subset of PG's capabilities? Same question I guess would apply to Prevx, which I realize is more than a registry monitor, but it appears to also be, for all intent and purposes, a subset of PG 3.0, assuming that PG is up and running all the time and the user is making appropriate decisions regarding allowing execution of programs.

Is anyone else going to continue to run PG 3.0 alongside Prevx or any registry monitor? I would like to keep the number of potential system conflicts down to a minimum. Right now I have ZoneAlarm, KAV 4.5.104, Ewido, and Giant AS running in the background. Any comments would be appreciated?

Rich

2. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Prevx and a registry monitor would probably negate the need for having Giant running resident. PG really isn't a registry monitor, nor is Prevx. Although there are a couple spots that they will cover, it's not going to be the same kind of protection.

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I have Zone Alarm Pro, F-Prot, Spybot,SpywareBlaster, and Giant all running with the final PGbeta, with no conflicts whatsoever. I would say Regprot, is redundant if you are running the giant real time monitor, which I am.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.