Petition to improve GameGuard or remove it

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by jafaron, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jafaron

jafaron Registered Member

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Jafaron

If you guys are serious about doing a petition, I'd do it in writing. I've seen so many online petitions abused, that I would just ignore it.

Pete

3. Equinoxe

Equinoxe Registered Member

I have a lot of intel on GameGuard that I could take these "mercenaries" to court and sue them. They think that if they're almighty and use encryption routines, they'll pass unnoticed. I'll make a new thread with detailed information on what GameGuard really does (specifically - its main module - GameMon.des)

Long story short - you probably remember the Norton Anti-Virus and its Norton Guard - guess where they stole the concept and ideeas of implementing a new protection ;) All this without any written agreement with the Norton team management...

No wonder it comes without any EULAs...

4. LokiLoki

LokiLoki Guest

Don't think asiasoft will bother with petitions. Just after gameguard was introduced, their forums had so many complaints. Nothing was being done. They simply don't care. They refused to reply on topics like the termination of programs, etc.

I think boycott anything with gameguard will be better.

5. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Honestly, for every 1 reply that is fired at them, they use their 'silent motor' shield, block all the noise out and just keep quiet.
    But little do the employees of the game company know that by doing so, they're just courting their own doom. We can do it legally, technologically anything against them.

Technologically, we used our computers, our keyboards to post comments against them, but they refuse to do anything, they refuse to say a word.

Legally, we can force open their mouths by using the law to tackle them, meaning we can go to a court of law with a well-thought out case against them, the author(s) of the gaming software.

And very obviously, if ASIASOFT just keeps quiet non-stop, they're still on this very same earth as all of us, and they cannot get away scot-free.

'The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.' ;)

6. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Well, I'm very interested to see if any bloody guy will stand up and hit the software developers back.
    On my test machine, it seems that Gameguard has become somewhat harder to fight. And the whole big thing is, people complain, they keep quiet. Action should be taken against them once we have good evidence.

If more in-depth information on INCA and Gameguard is available, just post it away for all to see. Because GG is bundled with some popular games and is 'widely' known by quite a few people, if any new discovery is made that's very good...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.