Personal Internet Security 2011

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Jack1C, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack1C

Jack1C Registered Member

My computer has been attacked by this rogue scam while researching my son's homework despite only adding ESET SS to it 2 weeks ago. My family are wondering why our SS didn't stop it - and I don't know o_O When I realised what it was I did an on demand scan and a trojan was found (no notification from SS) but I'm still getting the scary sales emails. Should I have something else as well as SS despite the promises made to keep me safe? Can I do anything with SS now to clear my machine? Would a 'restore to a previous date' work or do I need to follow other removal advice on this seemingly well known threat?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,
    first of all, it's a matter of fact that there's no security solution that would detect 100% of all threats. Every security software misses threats, some miss less, some more. Some have better proactive detection of newly emerging variants then the others thanks to heuristics, HIPS, etc. (ie. mechanisms, that need to be kept up to date in order to detect most of current threats proactively).

ESET reacts very quickly to new variants and also adds proactive detection to cover as many of future variants as possible. Please make sure that you have the latest version of the signature database 5797 installed and run a full system scan. If the threat is not detected, create a SysInspector log and drop me a PM so that I can provide you with further instructions. The log should reveal suspicious files / processes that are running on your computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.