Personal Id

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by tonyjl, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonyjl

tonyjl Registered Member

Hi people,thought i'd just give you all a heads up on my findings...

I noticed my name in the reg the other day (nothing new) and then i thought i'd find out what else was in there...

Any "Symantec Norton" users out there with either AV or Firewall check the Subkeys in the following:-

HKEY_USERS\*\SOFTWARE\SYMANTEC\SHARED TECHNOLOGY\VOLATILESTORAGE\MEMBER PROFILE\VCARD

HKEY_CURENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SYMANTEC\SHARED TECHNOLOGY\VOLATILE STORAGE\MEMBER PROFILE\VCARD

They contain your:-
    Full Name
    Home Address
    Country (eg GB)
    Email
    Phone No.

I'm know this isn't anything new,but i am thinking of building a ghst file to protect this sort of info. There are a lot of other entries with your full name and email address in them aswell.

Should we be concerned about this sort of thing or noto_O

Tonyjl

2. tayasimggg

tayasimggg Registered Member

my zT_ninja shield for Security suite.ghst is protecting it.
    it is in p2 folder....

get in and download

3. tonyjl

tonyjl Registered Member

Hi Tay,how ya doin mate?

I've already got all your ghst files although not useing them (removed all except the "app firewall" and "Global policies", just not active yet). I've kept those to have a look at in more in detail as i'm not sure about them but you could be right. (I've kept Tony K's and Puff's original ones by the way as i didn't see the need to change them and i can keep track of what people have posted in).

On another note Tay,the security apps one was/is way too broad,but you still managed to miss a few keys out. Have you got all these apps by the way? or did you take an educated guess (would explain them being broad),or have you tried to make these files as "multi-user" as possible? in which case i don't think you did too bad,congrats ;) It then leaves room for people tailor them to there needs/wants.

Anyway moving on... I was asking about protecting your personal data in general (i mean ALL the personal data entries in the reg)

I've gone ahead anyway and made my ghst file last night to hide those,and so far there's not alot happening in that file (Only 24hrs though) (i've placed it at front so RegDefend looks at first) I'll keep you posted on that one if you want.

Thanks again

Tonyjl

4. tayasimggg

tayasimggg Registered Member

you can not protect by values content. you need name of the key to protect.
    so the as meny application we have today you mast protect by the ninja shield idea.
    you can not make a ghost file for all user personal data to protect. not in the 1.3 regdefend version, not yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.