Personal Firewall / OS not upto date

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Intergage, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Intergage

Intergage Registered Member

Hey all,

I have a problem with Smart Security. I have disabled to firewall but it keeps throwing up warnings saying I'm not fully protected and the icon goes red.

Is there a way I can tell the program to ignore it or even remove it all together.

Also, when the Firewall is active the icon stays Orange and says my OS is out of date, for all the computer that I installed Nod32 on I have to keep the Auto-update turned off due to software problems.

Is there a way I can make the program ignore this all so?

Thanks in advanced.

2. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

You can configure ESET Smart Security to stop notifying you about Windows Updates by following the steps outlined in this ESET Knowledgebase Article. The orange icon should then disappear.

If you don't need the firewall, then you can download ESET NOD32 Antivirus from the ESET Download Center. ESET NOD32 Antivirus is the same thing as the Smart Security package except it does not include the firewall or anti-spam module. If you really need the anti-spam module, then you can simply disable the firewall by following the steps outlined in this ESET Knowledgebase Article.

Is there any particular reason why you don't want to use ESET's firewall? If you've purchased ESET Smart Security, I'd recommend using the firewall.

Regards,

Mark

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  3. Intergage

Intergage Registered Member

Hey mate,

Thanks for the reply. Umm, I work for a company that supplies computers to a lot of different companies. Really we are a software distributor but we also look after our clients hardware.

The software we use likes to crack the ***** at the first sign of any software firewall, weather it be a firewall it's self or a firewall on a computer of it's own. We do how ever use the firewall built into the routers we supply and configure them as we need to. The Anti-Spam would be nice as not all our clients use our mail server (Anti Spam on every account)

With the firewall, it's pretty much making a rule that Allows All. So, really it's not disabling it it's just saying that "Note everything, just don't do anything about it." Correct?

This may still curse a problem as our software we supply might still crack the ***** even if it's being monitored.

I'll give it a go though.. Thanks for your help.

4. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

Yes, I think you are correct. The article states what you pretty much said:

I just use ESET NOD32 Antivirus since I don't need the anti-spam or firewall (Windows Firewall and hardware firewall is fine), but that's just me. If your clients need the anti-spam feature of Smart Security but don't want the firewall, the "Note everything, just don't do anything about it" may be the only option.

Maybe you can make expections with the ESET firewall and your software so conflicts can be avoided by playing around with the different modes.

Regards,

Mark

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Try switching the firewall integration mode to "Only scan application protocols" in the main setup -> Personal firewall -> System integration and restarting the computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.