Personal Firewall 1046

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by regnim, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. regnim

regnim Registered Member

I turned on test mode to get module 1046. I then turned off test mode to stay at 1046, however it always reverts 1040 with test mode turned off. How to stay at 1046 with test mode off?

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I suppose you could do it the long way around.

Boot into SAFE mode, copy the 1046 em008_32.dat to another place, reboot back into run mode turn off test mode, wait for 1046 to change to 1040, then boot back into safe mode copy the 1046 version back - reboot.

This time around as you won't have test mode active, it should stay as 1046.

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

This is the problem I had when coming out of test mode, which is why I never use it. My solution was a reinstall.

4. pegas

pegas Registered Member

May I ask why you want leave test mode? Most posters here report success with 1046. If that is case also for you, let test mode enabled and wait for a new build of ESS.

5. PatG

PatG Registered Member

After getting 1046, I too, turned off TM. After checking right then, and just now, its still @ 1046. No explanation and prog has updated a number of times since dl'g the beta. o_O

6. regnim

regnim Registered Member

Yes, I am happy with 1046. That is why I wanted to turn test mode off. Let someone else test 1047+. Thanks

7. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

After having problems with the firewall starting on 2 machines with version 1046 I turned off test mode and was downgraded to 1040 like everyone else here. After which I uninstalled and went back to v3.0.684.0. As long as they are still supporting it I will probably stay with it for a while. It seems like it took a long while for v3 to work well, probably the same will happen with v4.

8. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

1046 work's great no more DNS Cache Poisoning log's
    great work eset

9. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

When are they releasing it to people that don't have test mode enabled? It seems most people using don't have many complaints.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.