Perhaps a case for a reg cleaner!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Admittedly I'm a reg cleaner junkie, have tried/used many over the years. Necessary or not I still periodically use CCleaner's, Eusing, Registry Mechanic and search (search only) after installs (If I don't just restore Comodo Time Machine snapshot) with RegSeeker. I also used to use MSofts but it isn't available anymore. Anyway, recently I was plagued by some buffer overflow errors for the first time in this XP's +six year life. I only keep a few days of CTM snapshots and was reasonably sure, despite initially thinking the errors were just an anomaly, that they started before my oldest snapshot. Like I always do when having a PC issue, I searched the problem and one of the recommendations was to clean the registry, which I did and the problem has apparently been solved.

2. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Hi, well you'll get conflicting suggestions from people about this :D

I think it depends on, which Reg cleaner you use, maybe which OS, & which entries you ALLOW it/them to delete.

I've tried a few over the years, but now only use Regseeker Version 1.35 beta. Don't know why they still called it a Beta after years of stabilty ?

I ONLY delete the Green entries though & ALWAYS have the Backup option enabled :thumb:

Good to hear you're sorted :)

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

For every case like yours, thousands create errors on their system using these software.

4. brainrb1

brainrb1 Registered Member

Why do you use Regseeker Version 1.35 beta and why not version RegSeeker 1.55 ?
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/RegSeeker_d2579.html

5. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

I did use for a while when it first came out, but found i preferred v1.35. v1.55 had extra options i didn't require.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.