Performance Numbers

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by cbuddha42, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbuddha42

cbuddha42 Registered Member

Can we get some memory/cpu usage numbers for this new beta? Would be awesome to see some performance increases as v3 generally put more strain on the system than v2. IMO very low system utilization is important for any program.

2. s4u

s4u Registered Member

You need to test yourself. What it can do over here won't be the same as the performance with you. There are too many possibilities

3. cbuddha42

cbuddha42 Registered Member

Obviously no one's results will be exactly the same, so it's impossible to know what my results will be.

However, given the results for many other people and assuming that I fit into that population, we can say with x% confidence that my results will be between y and z. Depending on what data is actually known, there are many variations on what can and can not be said.

To simplify, if 90% of home users see a 33% decrease in resource utliziation then there's a decent chance I will see a decrease as well. If that same group of users saw a 33% increase then the chances of me seeing a decrease are much lower.

4. qzex

qzex Registered Member

You'd need someone receiving statistical information from a diverse group of people. As the 4 Beta still has this option of sending "anonymous statistical information" and it appears to be sent to Eset, Eset is the only one who can find a good estimate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.