Performance issues and mrxsmb (3019) errors

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by pestewart, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pestewart

pestewart Registered Member

I am having the following issues with nod32 antivirus version 3.0.684

Home drive is redirected to the network
    If I copy a 24MB file from a workstation to the server over Gigabit, it takes roughly 4 minutes
    If I disable the nod32 service (on the workstation only) and reboot, the same file copies in less than a second
    If I enable the nod32 service and start it, everything continues to function normally
    If I reboot, the same file takes 4 minutes to copy
    Disable and reboot, all is fine once again.

So, if nod32 is enabled when the server starts, performance is horrible for all network operations. This is creating huge issues for the customer’s Autocad files.

Any thoughts? This for a customer and I am the outside consultant and do not normally support this product. I opened a ticket with ESET and received the following response:

#1 - Open the ESET NOD32 window, then push F5(Advanced Setup Tree)
    #2 – Go to ‘Web access protection’ > ‘HTTP’ > ‘Web browsers’.
    #3 – Uncheck all
    #4 – Go to ‘Protocol filtering’ on the left
    #5 – Select ‘Applications marked as Internet browsers and e-mail clients’ then push OK.

To me that doesn't sound like it would help SMB/CIFS access, so I responded with clarification. I don't want to keep asking the customer to try "x". I have re-requested 4 times and still have not received a response. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. pmabee

pmabee Registered Member

I would be interested to see if there is a fix for this. I have 200 machines here with 4.0.314 installed and we have been seeing slowdowns when accessing smb shares as well.

3. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Same here.:mad: Trialled 4.0.417 and and experiencing stagnation (or slowdown ?) have to refresh periodically (F5) on my shares trading website.

Have to abandon v4 as these stagnations may costs me more $$$ for my shares trading:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.