PerfectDisk Rx Suite from Raxco

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Chubb, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I grabbed the $9.99 offer and i'm pretty happy with it. Simple and easy to use is just what i like.

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

These are typical wishes of average users : a simple all-in-one tool to keep their computer healthy. :rolleyes:

If that's all what you need to keep your computer healthy, I would be very happy. :rolleyes:
    Why doesn't Raxco add a security suite to PerfectDisk Rx ? The average user would be even more happy and that would keep their computer also healthy, etc. etc. etc. until PerfectDisk Rx explodes of additional tools.

You have to draw a line somewhere and all these additional tools are done by other softwares already and have nothing to do with defragging.
    If Raxco want to sell these tools, they better separate them from defragging and create another software.
    If you have to listen to each user's wish, your software becomes bloatware in no time.

3. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Yes, that is where I am as well. I decided against background defrags.

Don't have any intention of changing my other utilities even if this NEW tool was free!

4. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Yes, true especially if they allow the marketing guys to weld every poll result on to a good base product.

5. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I have mixed feelings about it. I decided to go for the deal for one computer just to cut down on one more app, but only on one computer. Raxco previously gave the impression of a serious and technical company and line of products, but this kind of application is hard to pull off and do well, in my opinion, unless you 1) do it very well, and 2) offer in-depth features that nobody else has, and that make a real difference. I think they would do well to add some more button controls to the defragger (even if in some kind of advanced mode, which is opposed to having everything on the context menu as they do now), add some diagnostics (like an error check and maybe a S.M.A.R.T. check), some additional cleanup locations along the lines of what CCleaner has (such as old hotfix installers, maybe old prefetch files, etc.), a startup manager with some nice features (something along the lines of a cut down AutoRuns), and so on. A more "professional" looking default skin may also be appropriate.

I do realize that they are trying to make it very easy to use, but they could add some more advanced features without making the program more complex. For the S.M.A.R.T. info, for example, they could simply show the "status" on the start screen. An "Advanced Mode" would be very welcome for those of us that do like full details, though.

The fact that it's gone from a drive optimizer to a full system optimizer doesn't bother me, but right now it's simplistic to the degree that it doesn't really stand out from the myriad of similar crapware out there, save for the defragger (which I wouldn't know if I wasn't already well acquainted with PD).

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

THe problem particularily with registry cleaning, is if you need "simple" tools, you probably shouldln't do it, and you know what you are doing you don't want "simple" tools.

7. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I gotten around to trying the suite but im not impressed.

The defragger seems fine for my purposes; Exclusion list would fall under missing features, correct?

The registry cleaner would not run for me, so I cant judge it.

The Reclaim Free Space, Erase All Traces, and Tweak tools all are very simplistic though they do work.

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i hope diskeeper doesnt folow suit.
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.