PerfectDisk Issue

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by c2d, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c2d

c2d Registered Member

Hello,I m using PD v8.0 build 64 on Windows XP.My problem is when I analyze my disk the PD do not give me sollution on what method of defragmentation to use but just restart my PC.Is this OK?Is there anyone that can help me?

Thanks

2. Olio1

Olio1 Registered Member

Hi,

With the default parameters, the very first time PD 8 analyzes a drive, it usually recommends an off-line defragmentation. Since PD 8 is unable to invoke this procedure on its own, I think you should perform it first and see what will happen.

Cheers

3. c2d

c2d Registered Member

Thanks man I will try it

4. c2d

c2d Registered Member

I did offline defragmentation and it went good but after that same problem

I did analyze my disc and after analyzation PD did not recommend me any type of defragmentation,my PC just restarted.
    Even when I tried to do full disk defragmentation,PD analyzed the disc again(normaly)and again restarted my PC,not processing to the full defragmentation

I don't know what is the problem I m not pc expert,maybe it's something wrong with PD.

5. RaxcoSupport

RaxcoSupport Registered Member

It sounds like windows is crashing. There are only 2 things that can cause Windows to crash - a hardware issue or a 3rd party driver that isn't playing well with others. PerfectDisk has been certified by Microsoft for Windows XP, Vista and 2003. This means that PerfectDisk’s driver has been extensively tested to make sure that it does not crash windows.

There are several known software programs that have buggy drivers that will cause Windows to crash when PerfectDisk is run on the system. Please go to http://www.raxco.com/support/windows/kb_details.cfm?kbid=514 , look and see if you have any of the listed software installed.

If you have any of the software installed, then there are known bugs with the software that will cause Windows to crash. In the case of IBM Rapid Recovery or Kerio Personal Firewall, there are updates from IBM/Kerio that fix their issue.

If you do NOT have any of the software above installed, then the only way that Raxco can tell you which software is causing Windows to crash will be for us to look at the dump file created by Windows.

There are instructions on the site on how to configure windows for a memory dump. Email us http://www.raxco.com/support/nt_email.cfm when you have the file so that we can send you the ftp instructions.

6. c2d

c2d Registered Member

Thanks for explanation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.