PerfectDisk ERROR message when booting FD-ISR snapshot

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Birdman, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

Win XP Home (sp2)
    FD-ISR 3.20 (b202)
    PerfectDisk 8.0 (b64)

I've noticed a strange ERROR message when I try booting to any FD-ISR snapshot. When I select the snapshot through the FD-ISR Managment screen (right click > boot to snapshot > reboot)......I get the following ERROR message on a blue background (after reboot but before OS load):

Code:
    [b]"DefragFs: PerfectDisk failed to start correctly."

Hit any key to restart imediately. Restarting in (countdown from 10) seconds[/b]
    When the system reboots, it immediately takes me to the FD-ISR PRE-BOOT screen and it displays all the snapshots available. I chose one and it loads fine from there.

I currently have 3 total snapshots (Primary + 2 backups) and I get this same error message each and every time I try to boot into any of the 3 snapshots.

Has anyone who uses BOTH PerfectDisk and FD-ISR experienced this before.....and more importantly, is there a FIX?

Thanks.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I see it occasionally, but a reboot takes care of it. If it persists I do a support ticket, but it's very rare, I'd not worry about it.

3. marse.robert

marse.robert Registered Member

Hi Birdman,

I have perfectdisk and FDISR: I do not experience the same issue. However, I think your problem requires attention. Error messages like this have a habit of eventually breaking your OS.

Best of luck!

Marserobert

4. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

No error messages here either. Could your PD configuration have anything to do with it? Maybe your scan schedule is screwed up and when PD accesses on boot up it causes the error message.

5. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

Thanks to everyone for your insight and help.

I contacted Raxco and got a fix for this situation. Apparently it's some registry issue (mising keys/entries?) associated w/ PD.

If the mods allow me to, I can upload the fix file and provide the simple instructions to resolve this for people who are having a similar problem.

6. Peter2150

See PM

Pete

7. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

The only unusual message I got from PerfectDisk was something like this :
    "Erik please, it's high time to do an off-line defragmentation".
    And PD was right, because I never did an off-line defragmentation, since I have PerfectDisk (March 2006).

After all PD is installed in my off-line snapshot, so an off-line defragmentation wasn't necessary, because I'm already off-line. These softwares are so stupid. :rolleyes: (just kidding).

Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  8. Peter2150

Thanks Birdman

I checked with Raxco and they asked that the file not be uploaded. However the did send this for me to post. These are from their knowledge base articles, and should help anyone who is having a problem.

Pete

When attempting to perform a boot time defrag pass, I am getting a DefragFS failed to start message. http://www.raxco.com/support/windows/kb_details.cfm?kbid=630

I've un-installed PerfectDisk but now when I reboot my computer I am getting a PDBoot.exe program not found. Skipping AUTOCHECK message. http://www.raxco.com/support/windows/kb_details.cfm?kbid=631

9. marse.robert

marse.robert Registered Member

Hi Peter2150,

I followed all of these threads on this particular Post, and I must say, thank you, for the excellent manner in which you brought the issue to a conclusion,

Great stuff!

marserobert

10. QmQ

QmQ Registered Member

It works!!!

Thanks so much

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.