PerfectDisk 8 for Vista 50% discount until 15 Dec 2006

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Chubb, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

PerfectDisk 8 for Vista 50% discount until midnight 15 Dec 2006

Coupon Code DEFRAGVISTANOW

Press release: PerfectDisk 8.0 for Vista released

http://www.raxco.com/new/pressreleases/PD_Vista.pdf

2. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

Thanks for the information - another little Christmas present the wife will never find out about. :D

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I could download it via my personal account, but it seems the same installation file as the one I already have, at least the volume is the same = 17757 KB

4. DCM

DCM Registered Member

They sent an email today saying that Version 8 is now Vista compatable. I have not seen any updates to my Version 8 come through recently.

Does that mean that those of us who recently bought Version 8 now have to pay again to make it Vista compatable?

If I do, this will be the last version of PerfectDisk that I buy. Just got the Version 8 a few weeks ago.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2006
  5. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

They are not the same file. The installers have been updated to 8.0.0.46 to support Vista, both x86 and x64. Previous version 8.0 SP1 is version 8.0.0.45.

If you have purchased the 1 year maintenance, you can re-download the new build 8.0.0.46. I don't see any update patch at Raxco's site for 8.0.0.46 at the moment, but I suppose they will offer a special download for the full installer for Vista. I remember that when support for x64 for 7.0 was released, a special free download for the full installer for x64 was offered. You may contact support for that.

6. ErikAlbert

Well, I didn't install it yet, so I couldn't see the version.
    One thing is certain : Leapfrog/Raxco have to learn how to give their installation files a unique name and mention the version in it like many other softwares do. :)

7. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

PD installers do contain the version and build number, but you need to unzip the installer and check the properties of setup.exe, a bit cubersome.

Attached Files:

8. ErikAlbert

Why making it cumbersome, if it can be done alot easier ? Simplicity is always brilliant. :)

9. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

Thanks Chubb! Been looking for a Raxco coupon for a while.

Is it worth buying 1-Year Support & Upgrade Protection as well ?

10. DCM

DCM Registered Member

They should offer a free update to everyone that bought their Version 8. This is a very recent update and they had to be aware that a Vista ready version was soon to be released.

11. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

The Vista version 8.0.0.46 has been officially released.

http://www.raxco.com/new/pressreleases/PD_Vista.pdf

12. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

It depends. If version 9 is to be released within 1 year, the 1 year maintenance is worth the price. If version 9 is to be released after 1 year of maintenance, you will only entitle to download full installers of all updated versions of 8.X within the year of maintenance.

But I am not sure if you can just pay the annual maintenance fee after the first year of maintenance has expired. For Acronis, for example, you can simply renew the maintenance by paying the small amount of maintenance fee year by year to continue to get all new versions.

Hm...Maybe I need to ask support of Raxco for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.