Perfectdisk 8 Fails to Offline Defragment

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by silver0066, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

I am running Raxco FD-ISR and just installed Perfectdisk 8. Analyze asked for offline defrag. When I attempted, upon reboot, a blue screen came up stating that it could not access the C drive. Then it rebooted.

When I tried to go back old snapshot with Perfectdisk 7, the computer would not boot.

I will have to restore with Acronis True Image.

Beware of Perfectdisk 8!!

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

wow that's strange... I just did an offline defrag w/ PD 8 and have FD-ISR installed. Everything seems fine. Did you contact Raxco support about this?

3. silver0066

No, I did not contact them. I restored my C drive using Acronis, tried the same thing with Perfectdisk 7 and everything works fine. Also, the Analyze in Version 7 is much faster than in 8.

4. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

5. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I did an offline defrag with PD v8 and FD-ISR installed. No problems here.

6. silver0066

I am not using any of these programs. When I restored to Perfectdisk 7, the offline frag worked just fine.

7. crofttk

Since I read that PerfectDisk 7 works just fine in your earlier post, I wasn't talking about PD 7. Anyways, same as TonyW, both versions work flawlessly for me both online and offline, with FD-ISR installed.

Beware of ANY software as there's never a guarantee any software will work on everybody's system and none are infallible, including Raxco's.

8. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

The trick is to try and nail down why it doesn't work for some. Something, somewhere went belly-up on silver's computer, but why? To be honest, we don't know everything about his computer or what is installed so it is difficult to assess.

9. crofttk

Exactly, which is precisely why I asked questions and gave a pointer to Raxco documentation of the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.