PerfectDisk 11.00.165 released

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Chubb, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

PerfectDisk 11.00.165 has been released. It is now available for customers with a valid maintenance license. Official announcement will be made on 09 Mar 2010.

From readme.txt

2. stackz

stackz Registered Member

Chubb,

Many thanks for the info + change log. I'd been searching for what's new to no avail. Have a great day. :)

3. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

already got it running 10x man :)

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

any links for download?

5. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Folks,

How about we wait for the vendor to do the full release and provide download information?

Thanks in advance.

Blue

6. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

As BlueZannetti has mentioned, since it is a an early offer for maintenance or special customer, I did not include the download link in the first post. Please wait for the official download link.

Official what's new will be posted here on 9 Mar 2010:

www.perfectdisk.com/whats-new

The link will go live on 9 Mar 2010

7. zfactor

i got it anyway. thanks though. runs VERY VERY SLOW compared to puran. puran is like lightning compared to this. it seems maybe a tad bit more thorough i guess.

8. Victek

Victek Registered Member

It may have a different logic for organizing the data. The first pass with any defragger always takes a long time.

9. zfactor

no its a HUGE difference. even a second and third pass with perfect disk takes far more time that with puran. a second pass with puran takes literally seconds.

10. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

http://www.perfectdisk.com/whats-new

now on live:

11. zfactor

tbh im not at all impressed. with all the time this took after 10 not at all impressed by the imo prettier gui. i really dont see a whole lot else. i really dont think its any faster than before either maybe about the same i dare say if not slower. i still hate the placement of some things. one reason i prefer puran it will place everything on the outer area always hated how perfectdisk refuses to move certain things anywhere but in the middle. also my boot time with puran is faster not by much but its noticable at least to me. my wife even commented on "what did you do to my system" she said its starting slower now. i did a boot time with puran and she was happy again

12. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

The configurable zones are nice but the problem with PD is still that you can't organize anything within the zones - everything is just bunched in together. The ideal defragger would be Ultimate Defrag with the ability to set High Performance and Archive files by modified date instead of last access date.

13. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

On my system it's faster than version 10. You can choose defragmenting method, not just SmartPlacment, Simple Defrag or Consolidate Free Space.

SmartPlacement:

-Classic
    -Classic Alternate
    -Performance
    -Performance Agressive
    -Conservative

or you can simply enable SmartDefrag and let PerfectDisk choose it.

I think these improvements are enough, i don't want a bloatware. Lots of companies make their products bigger and bigger and putting everything in it. Why?

I use Acronis for backup but they implemented a antivirus. Why? I don't need it.

Antivirus companies put backup in their software? Why?

I think it's more important to make better the product, not putting a whole bunch of unnecessary things in it.

PerfectDisk is a simple but effective defrag software with an easy to use interface. This is the way i like it. But this is just my opinion, no offense please. Thanks. :)

14. DeathScreen

DeathScreen Registered Member

15. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

In 11 Analyze is a lot faster but actual defrag time is very slow.

The new placement options are way better than 10 which had no options, but the only way to organize data is by date created or modified. So it's still light years behind UltimateDefrag.

16. acrespo

acrespo Registered Member

I am a beta tester since version 2008 and my opinions are not considered by developers yet.
    I told them that the performance of smartplacement is not a system performance logic but defragmentation performance, because based on last modified date. If file is not changed you don't need to move it again and the next defrag will run faster. But this method don't put the most used files in the best place to get better performance, because it need to see last accessed date instead last modified. Ultimate Defrag and O&O Defrag you can do this.

My suggestion is to create a option to change the vision of smartplacement to last accessed or last modified date and all users will be satisfied.

I will not use this new version because I want the most system performance and not defrag performance.

17. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

If you partition your hard drive like I do (30GB Windows partition), you wouldn't have to be concerned about performance, as everything on your small system partition would be at the front of the drive anyway. It's only lowering fragmentation that I care about.

18. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

I second that. The difference in the transfer rates (read/write rate) and access times between the first 0 to 30 GB of the hard disk is almost negligible. All you need to do is to keep your system partition properly defragmented to get best performance out of it. (Obviously you need to have system partition first, in order to benefit from this)

The arguments between people, related to smart placement of data, which usually boil down to "mine does it is better than yours" are pointless.

19. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

A general comment about Perfectdisk's Smartplacement. (I consider such discussions to be pointless, as per my previous post, but today I had a few minutes to waste :D)

Perfectdisk's default smartplacement is designed to prevent future fragmentation as much as possible. According to Perfectdisk, it is more important to have defragmented files rather than smartly placed files that get fragmented quickly and slow down the system. As I have a small system partition and I usually do not put much store into smartplacements (see my previous post), but I still agree with Perfectdisk's method of allocating files on my system partition in such a way to prevent future fragmentation.

20. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I'm surprise no one has commented on the new block viewer feature. A common scenario is you can't shrink a partition because data is stuck at the end and you can't figure out what it is - now you can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.