Pentagon Sees Threat of "Backdoors" In Chinese Communications Equipment

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by TheGyre, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGyre

TheGyre Registered Member

Hi Everyone!

I have been lurking Wilders since finishing school in summer of 2009; however, I have never had anything to offer so I did not register with the forum. Recently I have noticed how many of the newspapers and other periodicals I read tie into discussions on the forum. I decided today that I should just go ahead and start posting them for people here to take a look at.

This article concerns the threat of "backdoors" in Chinese made communications equipment as the American defense establishment sees it.

The newspaper is The Washington Post. It is one of the best of the American newspapers in part because it has the most contacts in Washington D.C. The newspaper is generally considered "liberal" in the American sense of the word.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/07/AR2010100707210.html?hpid=topnews

2. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Hi and welcome to Wilders :)

Funny, in a way ! People might be VERY surprised to learn that lots, if not all, routers supplied by ISP's, and maybe others, have backdoors built in them. This is true for the USA, and quite possibly many others too :eek:

Guess who sanctioned this, yep your "good" old 3 letter etc agency :thumbd: So the've no room to talk about such fears etc :p Of course who wants a BD put in ANY of our equipment, whether it's the Chinese or Anyone else :eek:

People can search on here for more info/links to the above :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.