PeerGuardian / ViGuard

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Vikorr, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

Last edited: Aug 22, 2005
  2. iwod

iwod Registered Member

If i remember correctly PG started aim was to block IP from company that track you when downloading from p2p. I don't know if the black list is still constructed around this case but PG is definately a IP blocker only.

I am sure we have mention Viguard in here b4. Please do a search.

3. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

Found a post on ViGuard...strangely enough, posted after I posted this, but on a diff thread :)

4. Moore

Moore Registered Member

Tim Leonard [ aka Method ] basically started the whole p2p blocklist thing with the original Peerguardian many years ago.. It's come a long way since then and has improved greatly with the release of PG2.

Other alternatives are Protowall from bluetack.co.uk and Outpost Firewall's plugin - Blockpost also do a great job if blocking IP's is your thing.. You will still need a real firewall of course , but unless you spend a few years setting up your firewall rules to block all the IP ranges , importing an IP blocklist is another great layer of protection.

There are many blocklists being maintained at bluetack now apart from the p2p blocklist. The spyware blocklist is updated daily and will keep the majority of hijackers and assorted nasties from even getting into your computer to begin with.

I dont see how you can compare Viguard with any IP blocking software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.