Peerblock 1.2 released!

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Cutting_Edgetech, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

PeerBlock 1.2 was released on January 14, 2014! I saw some mention of the release in some unrelated threads so it was off topic. I thought I would start a thread on it for more exposure. The installer for 1.2 is about midway down the page so you need to scroll down. http://www.peerblock.com/releases/public-releases/peerblock-1.2.0-r693

If there is a thread already open for the release of 1.2 then my apologies. I did not see a thread for it.

2. davemint

davemint Registered Member

Will try this. I do get a little frustrated with it blocking games etc though. Suppose most things need a little tweaking.

3. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Relly good software, but I see that I have to fine tune what it will block (its fairly easy to whitelist servers though). It blocked some server for "verified for visa" so I couldnt shop until I turned PG off. Blocked steam for gaming, it blocked "startpage" search engine (Ixquick for privacy searches) for example, I wonder why.

4. Paranoid Eye

Paranoid Eye Registered Member

I use too use peerblocking and block list galore... it does nothing in real world terms at blocking anything, if you surf the internet every website is checked, if you use torrent every filename is checked, obviously if you are doing nothing wrong then its fine but then how many download ubuntu isos daily;)

Any company or organisation can pop up or use VPNs, if they want you they will catch you if you allow it.

A VPN with good ethics against invasion of privacy and believes in non censorship is far superior, don't let a small price of 60 euro stop you or think it is too much to set up and use... It takes minutes if you get one that prevents IP/DNS leaks then even better.

If you connect to the internet without a VPN, its a bit like going in without a condom so now I stay protected against viruses and Aids.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.