Hi all, In the beginning, I became aware of some small glitches in Windows performance and a freeze in the mouse. I did a quick "dskchk" which revealed "unallocated space and problem with bitmap." This error could not be fixed by dskchk. I did a Google check on the problem and found that this problem was well documented: the final analysis was "don't worry about it." However, as time went by, Windows problems mounted. In desperation, I reformatted and started from scratch. As I installed each of my Applications I ran dskchk - I then arrived at PE9 build 1461. This Acronis product had earlier caused great headaches as it would not install. My solution to this installation problem was to install PE9 before any other Application, otherwise to successfully install PE9, I had to do a custom install. Naturally, I contacted Acronis about the issue: and naturally they refused to answer my plight. Returning to my last problem. After re-installing PE9 and running a dskchk, I found, to my relief, no problems. I then, however, ran the complete application and did a dskchk. Lo and behold, the error had returned. Just prior to ditching PE9, I decided to look at my disk vis Partition Magic. The disk in question is a Maxtor 150 Gb and Windows has the complete disk to itself. For whatever reason, in running PE9, there existed 1.6 Gb of unallocated space on the disk. I just could not believe it. So. Try again. This time, I placed PE9 onto a virgin copy of Windows XP Pro. Partition Magic told me that I had the full complement of the Maxtor. I then ran PE9 and deleted all that the Application asked. Again, dskchk informed me of the dreaded error, and Partition Magic showed me a 1.6 Gb unallocated space on the Maxtor.