PE9.0 Scheduled Tasks Shutdown Problem

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by tas, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tas

tas Registered Member

Hello,

I've had PE9.0 (Build 1,461) running on my laptop (XPproSP2) for about a month now. For approx. 3 weeks I've had some tasks scheduled *at shutdown*, such as wipe the recycle bin and MRU documents list, which worked fine originally.

Now, within the past 2 weeks, the program hangs my shutdown process if left unattended. On a laptop, this is really useful for the battery life /sarcasm.

In addition to preventing the laptop from shutting down, it's also not getting a chance to do its job (wiping the recycle bin or MRU list). That bothers me.

To shut down the computer i have to use the task manager and shut down the PE process itself...then the computer continues the shut down sequence.

Suggestions? Help? Please!

I love the concept of the program and the UI and it would be, imo, nearly flawless if I could just get the task scheduled properly and be able to wipe data on the shutdown of my laptop...

THANKS!

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

This is not a laptop only problem, I have it on a desktop as well.

The workaround for the moment is to lower your security settings to medium, it seems to clear the problem about 99% of the time.

Obviously this is a bug and one shouldn't have this problem. I believe that this is a left over from the previous bug that would stop the system at log on time - this was partly due to a graphics card driver, and the update solved that to some extent and the later version upgrade of PE solved the rest apart from this problem, and one where it tells me I haven't an up to date database, when it patently is.

Colin

3. tas

tas Registered Member

Thanks

Which security settings? Windows? Firewall software? Else?

Thanks again :thumb:

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Ah the ones in PE malware shield.

Colin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.