PE & EV av LSP problem

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by Valkyri001, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valkyri001

Valkyri001 Registered Member

Hi folks! I was following some instructions from another thread, the LSP fix that Jooske refered to seems to come up with 4 items but I havent got a clue what to do with them if anything.

Attached Files:

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there, nothing to fix so to see, just click finish. :)

3. Valkyri001

:D Hello again Jooske!
    :eek: Still have the same problem. Since all my latest updates & upgrades, especially PE, there seems to be a problem with my EZ av e-mail monitoring.
    Now of course I assumed it was an LSP problem from another thread.

o_O Is it PE o_O Thats the last thing I did, before the problem appeared. Trying to get help from EZ is a tad bit difficult.

Is it possible that one of those things needs to be removed, and if I do and its "not right" can I put it back?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2005
  4. Valkyri001

:( Perhaps we have to go about this differently. I don't know. I backed up to yesterdays restore point. Everything is back as it was. Ran all my protection software and no reported bugs.

This all started with Installation of PE.
    Have Spybot, EZ Armor ( av & firewall ), Spysubtract/CWSearch, all available updates for XP pro sp2 ( most recent of everything), can run HJT if that will help. Ran the LSPfix as you know.

Prior to giving up I re-installed EZ armor and it reported that the LSP was not working.

To save alot of headache I just backed up to yesterday and evrything is good. I'm open for instructions.
    I want my PE back.
    Any questions or instructions will be greatly appreciated.

5. Valkyri001

Check this out! Its getting very curious. What do you suppose changed the files?
    Top one is now while everything is good.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2005
  6. Valkyri001

:oops: Ok! I need help on this one. Everything I tried failed. If I install Port Explorer, my e-mail monitoring turns off.
    I have updated PE from the DCS site, installed and everything seems fine. Then I notice E-mail monitoring is off. It is definately PE thats doing it. Prior to install everything is fine. Then after reboot Ez's E-mail monitoring is off. Is it something I'm doing or not doing after installing PE?

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

As it seems your problem is not clear.
    Does the problem come after installation of Port Explorer or after EZ ... or after enabling some functions in EZ?

Port Explorer wants to be in the bottom and to be the first to catch things.
    First: did you reboot after installing Port Explorer?
    Did you turn everything off, scanners, applications, all protective stuff, in fact everything closed except for windows itself at installation?
    If not do so now and uninstall Port xplorer, make sure the dll is uninstalled and reboot, everything turned off and install Port Explorer, reboot, see how it goes.
    Still no luck?
    Since your EZ contains a firewall, it might be worth trying to uninstall EZ, reboot, install Port Explorer first, reboot, install whatever next, and see how it goes.

Did you grant access to the email monitor to the email server (i think it monitors?) and the firewall and Port Explorer to access internet in the firewall, etc?

What else did you change or install new after your Port Explorer in the old situation?

From there we can look again at the LSPfix problem.

8. Valkyri001

:D Hi! Jooske.
    Let me follow that idea and I'll get back to you with more intelligent answers. I don't like to uninstall the firewall because it always reverts back to it's learning mode, which pops up the question window everytime I do something. Give me some time and Thanks for your guidance!

To answer your first question. It is always after installation of PE. As right now PE is not here and everything is working. Let me try your suggestions first and I'll let you know.
    Thanks! :D

9. Valkyri001

:cool: We're better now! Seems the e-mail scan does not like to shut down. Good! After different trials of loading and unloading nothing seemed to do it. Finally after all that, I intentionally turned off e-mail monitoring and rebooted. Got the message it was off. Then intentionally turned it back on and it requested a reboot. Did that and it fixed itself. All LSP's are fine and all protections are normal right now.
    Thanks for your patience, and your help!
    See Ya!

10. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

And Port Explorer and all the other programs still working correctly, the firewall, everything as they should?

What turning off (and on) and reboots can do!
    So that must have saved you some new (un)installs again.
    Thanks for the good news!

11. Valkyri001

:D Yes! everything is working. When Ez install "after" PE, it would tell me there was an LSP problem, and wouldn't turn on. So I put it on first. Without PE, it worked fine. Then "after" PE it would show that it was running with a problem (little red X) in the sys icon. I tried several different sequences, none of which seemed to correct the problem.
    All said and done, I re-installed PE and then. Shut down EZ e-mail and did a reboot. Everything came back OK with e-mail off.
    Then I turned E-mail back on. It (the program) asked for a re-boot to make that change.
    Everything came on just fine. I'm going to visit DCS an get my upgrade and see if everything continues to do OK! As I recall PE upgrades without having to uninstall old. ;) Good Feature!
    :D I'm thinking this "turning off" thing will work then also if I have any problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.