PE demo file size error & install error

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by figtrees, Mar 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. figtrees

figtrees Registered Member

PE download page = http://www.diamondcs.com.au/portexplorer/index.php?page=download
    states that file size is 1,246 KB. Name of downloaded file = pedemosetup.exe. File size = 43.9 KB. Clicking on it produces the error message shown in image.
    Anybody have any ideas why the file size is different and/or the reason for the error message? o_O

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello figtrees and welcome
    which image?

The PE program install file is definitely the size from the page, the 43 kb i don't know, most certainly is not the download nor the port explorer exe file after install.

Please download again from the site and install again. Might be best to get rid of the one you have if you tried to install it.

3. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Just download again. If you have a bad connection (it seems so) then perhaps you could use a download manager :) Of course you would need to download that.. unless you have a magazine CD with one on it

4. figtrees

Thank you both for your replies. New download works fine. I saved the previous faulty 43 KB download in a Ghost image on the 2nd HD in case anybody wants to examine it and the 88 byte ADS that came with it. As to the image, it was displayed in the post yesterday (3/17), so that's yet another of life's little mysteries. Credit where credit is due: the demo of TDS-3 detected the ADS after changing the default for ADS detection from no to yes, 64 bytes or more.

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

If you want to submit anything submit@diamondcs.com.au to make Gavin happy :)
    certainly wiht the ADS

6. figtrees

Hmm. :doubt: Well, before I email it to him, I think I better ask him if he's willing to receive it, and if so, at what address. Otherwise, the virus detector might delete it? o_O

7. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

DCS/Gavin is always interested in possible malware, so don't hesitate to email. The address is mentioned in Jooske's last post ;)

regards.

paul

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Yes please do submit, if possible zip the stuff so they don't get damaged in the mail.
    If there are nasties involved somehow (maybe with your downloading) Gavin will find them for you.
    Good that you are careful with your samples, as it is most certainly not a good idea to send them just to anybody, but Gavin is not anybody, he's the trojans engineer at DCS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.