[PE 2.110] Socket List - cluttered

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by Disciple, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple

Disciple Registered Member

I am just wondering if anyone else is seeing this behavior?

Over a period of time, my system is on 24/7, the socket list will take on the appearance as seen in the screenshot below. However by simply changing the view to a different tab and then back the list is back to normal.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2006
  2. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I tend to think it gets cluttered anyway, and would really like some capability for filtering and showing processes in a collapsable tree (for example, in the screenshot above you would have 1 item each for Trillian, Maxthon, etc., with a plus next to it, then have each connection be a sub-entry so that you could collapse the list and focus on just what you want to. This would make things infinitely easier if you're trying to keep track of just a few items or less, and would just make sense if you're looking for malware. If it could show parent/child relationships, as Process Explorer does, that would be even better :)

3. Disciple

Re: [PE 2.110] Socket List - does not remember sort order.

Nice idea/suggestion Notok, have you posted it to the wish list. Though having re-looked at the screenshot and though about this thread title, I have hit upon a much better title description. If I can I am going to change it to [PE 2.110] Socket List - does not remember sort order.

Last edited: May 22, 2006
  4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Is it not sorted with the next screen refresh then?

5. Disciple

Hi Jooske, my refresh setting is 3 seconds with Automatic Refresh turned on. Unfortunately the refresh feature is either broken or does not correct the problem. Merely switching tabs and then back does straighten out the display problem. o_O It has me puzzled, I usually can figure out what is wrong.

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Unsure, switching seems to generate a refresh from your story.
    As you seem the only one with this i'm thinking of other refresh settings in your system, but i can only think of enabling meta refresh in IE at the moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.