pdf downloading error

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by mxfem, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mxfem

mxfem Registered Member

I just purchased and insalled ESET Smart Security 5 last night to replace my ZoneAlarm program; however, now I have issues when downloading pdf files. After initiating the download, the downbloading file simply stalls and then an Adobe File Corrupt Error is displayed. I have attempted to download previous pdf files (which I successfully downloaded when using ZoneAlarm), and then the error pops up. Pls advice...

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

My initial thought is that there may be a remnant of the previously-installed security software still on the system which is interfering with ESET Smart Security v5.

What you may wish to do is is contact CheckPoint (the company which makes ZoneAlarm) and see if they offer manual uninstallation instructions or a manual uninstall tool for ZoneAlarm. Print out or save the instructions and/or download the manual uninstall tool, then do the following:

1. Uninstall ESET Smart Security v5.
    2. Uninstall ZoneAlarm per the instructions/tools provided by CheckPoint.
    3. Reinstall ESET Smart Security v5.

If problems persist, I would suggest that you contact ESET support directly and open a case with them to troubleshoot the install of the software. Be sure to reference this message thread's URL so they will know what you have done so far to troubleshoot the issue.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.